To embed a JoVE video into Canvas, follow the instructions below.
1. When you've selected a video on JoVE that you want to include in your course's Canvas page, select "Embed Video" in the top, right-hand corner of the page (shown below)
2. You can customize how the video is titled, whether it plays automatically, and the size of the embedded video.
3. Once your customizations are done, select "Copy Embed Code".
4. Go to the Canvas Course Page where you're wanting to embed the video and select edit (note - it has to be embedded in a page, cannot be uploaded into a module directly as its own page).
5. Select Insert > Embed.
6. Paste the embed code you copied from JoVE, then select 'Submit'.
7. Save your changes to the Canvas page.
Publishing your research in JoVE is a way to showcase your research and demonstrate your expertise within your academic community. JoVE offers to produce the video using their world wide videographer network at an additional cost. To learn more about the publishing process and any additional costs, click here.
You can subscribe to any section and receive a monthly newsletter with the new videos. To do this, access the JoVE homepage. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see a box to choose your subject of interest and a box to enter your email address.