Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is SciFinder Scholar?
SciFinder is a research discovery tool that provides access to research from many scientific disciplines, including biomedical sciences, chemistry, pharmacy, engineering, and more. It searches a collection of databases, including:
- CAPlus (Chemical Abstracts Plus), 1907-Present: Journals, patents, conference proceedings, reviews, and more
- MEDLINE, 1949-Present: Biomedical journals
- data from over 55 million organic and inorganic substances
- more than 62 million sequences
- 27+ million single- and multi-step chemical reactions
Register to use Web Version
- To use the web version of SciFinder Scholar, you must first register to create a personal account, using a valid Duquesne email address. Click on the Register Now button below to begin this process.
- If you already have a SciFinder account, click on the Sign-in button below to log in and begin searching.
- Access to SciFinder is limited to current Duquesne faculty, staff, and students.
* If off-campus, requires multipass credentials
Client Version: NO LONGER AVAILABLE
The client version of SciFinder Scholar has been discontinued for all U.S. and Canadian academic institutions. The web version of SciFinder can be accessed above.
Support & Training
Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) provides excellent support and training for the web version of SciFinder.