Trafficking Victims Protection Act (TVPA) of 2017
- Reauthorizes the TVPA of 2000; established human trafficking and related offenses as federal crimes and established several methods of prosecuting traffickers, preventing human trafficking, and protecting victims and survivors of trafficking.
To search for additional human trafficking legislation in the House and Senate, visit Congress.gov
Customs Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Reauthorization Act of 2009
- Sections 307 and 308 of the Act include provisions that prohibit the importation of goods made through the use of human trafficking or forced labor.
Allow States and Victims to Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act of 2017
- This bill broadens the coverage of past legislation against sex trafficking by allowing criminal and civil actions against a website if its conduct violates federal sex trafficking laws.
Runaway and Homeless Youth and Trafficking Prevention Act of 2018
- This act authorizes the continuation of community-based projects such as providing trauma-informed and gender-responsive services for runaway or homeless youth, including the victims of human trafficking.
This bill is currently being reviewed by the Senate. Track its progress here!
2014 Act 105: Revising Law on Human Trafficking and Classification of Sexual Offenses
- This law established the crime of involuntary servitude a first-degree felony in Pennsylvania and the patronization of a victim of sexual servitude as a second-degree felony.