Studying at the Library
The 4th floor of Gumberg is open for individual study Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm. Tables in the open study area are available for individual study on a first-come, first-served basis. Study rooms on the 4th floor are available for individual study via online reservation.
- The library is card-swipe access only during open hours for current students and employees.
- Please wear a mask and follow social distancing protocols while you are in the library.
- Library and facilities staff will clean desks and other furniture between each use. Clorox wipes and hand sanitizer are available throughout the 4th floor.
- Printing services will be available. Office supplies such as staplers, markers, and pens will not be available for public use. You are welcome to bring your own supplies.
- All other floors remain closed until further notice. If you need to check out library materials, please request them online for contactless pick up or delivery.
While we continue to prioritize electronic resource delivery, you can request books and other library materials for pickup or free delivery to your residence (US addresses only).
- Make your request for Gumberg materials by following these steps, or use Interlibrary Loan to request items not owned by Gumberg.
- Most items will be ready to pick up within three business days. InterLibrary Loan delivery varies based on the location of the lending library.
- When your items are ready, Gumberg staff will contact you at your Duquesne email address to coordinate patio pick up or delivery.
All items checked out from Gumberg have an extended due date of August 15th. If you wish to return your items sooner, there are two options:
- For on-site returns, please bag your items and drop them in the bins at the Gumberg Library entrance. All items will be quarantined for 72 hours, so items may appear on your account for several days after you return them.
- You can also request a prepaid UPS return label by emailing us at email@example.com. Pack up your library items, take them to a UPS drop-off, and we’ll take care of the rest.
eBooks, online journals, databases, and streaming audio and video are available to anyone with an active Multipass. Visit Gumberg's Research page to get started.
Having trouble accessing Gumberg's online resources? Try the troubleshooting steps here.
Librarians are available to virtually assist you through chat, email, Zoom, and phone. Please visit the Ask Gumberg page to connect with a librarian.
Librarians can provide instruction sessions through Zoom. Please visit our Ask Gumberg page to see a list of subject librarians and arrange library instruction.
Please see our research guide on Resources for Faculty Teaching Online.
Online journal articles, ebook chapters, and entire ebooks, can be placed on e-reserve. Print reserves are not available at this time. Place a request through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events & Workshops
Librarians are developing online workshops and learning opportunities for the fall semester. Please visit the Gumberg Events Calendar for up-to-date information.