Identifying a Research Instrument
Instruments measure health conditions and mental states, among other things. To identify a research instrument, you will need to search the library's resources.
Questions to ask yourself before you begin:
- How much time do you have?
- Not all instrument's are readily available or easy to obtain
- What is your budget?
- Not all instrument's are freely available.
- What is the instruments reliability and validity?
- Does the instrument measure what it is intended to, and does it measure it consistently?
- Will the instrument be available for your use?
- Even if it’s free, it might be difficult or take too long to get a copy!
- You need to obtain the owner’s permission, particularly if you want to publish your results.