Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
As discussed on the home page, pursuing hobbies and creative activities can keep you busy, stimulate your brain, help you relax, and help improve hand-eye coordination and dexterity.
Arts and Crafts
- Find some drawing inspiration from The Frick and share your artwork with them.
- The Carnegie Museum has a blog of activities like drawing a squirrel and making your own thermometer.
- The Art Institute of Chicago is also offering a selection of activities.
- 20 easy crafts to do with few supplies from Design Improvised.
- Gumberg has a guide on creative writing.
Music Librarian Terra Merkey loves to play the ukulele, and she suggests picking it up as a hobby! As a place to start, she suggests Steel City Ukuleles. Head on over to their Meetup page to participate in their live jam sessions.