Prior to defense:
1. Prepare your ETD following the ETD Guidelines.
2. Convert formatted document to a PDF.
Defend and receive final committee approval:
3. Fill out your Approval Form and receive signatures from your thesis or dissertation chair/advisor where indicated.
Options selected on the Approval Form must match those selected in ProQuest.
Submit your ETD prior to the filing deadline:
4. Complete the online Duquesne Scholarship Collection submission. You will need to create an account.
5. Complete the online UMI/ProQuest ETD submission. You will need to create an account.
a. Pay any fees by credit card. You will at least need to pay the microfim fee ($20 + tax, required).
b. Upload copyright permission letters as supplemental files (if required)
c. Order hard copies and/or register your copyright (optional)
See Help for common questions.
6. Bring or email your Approval Form, signed by your thesis or dissertation chair/advisor, to your school representative and arrange for it to be signed and delivered or emailed to the Digital Scholarship Librarian.
If sending via interoffice mail, please clearly label your envelope "ETD" to ensure proper delivery.
When completing the ETD Approval Form and registering with ProQuest/UMI, there are a few choices for how to publish your work. See the FAQ for more information.