To authorize a user, the faculty member or administrator must send an email from their @duq.edu account to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- First and last name of the authorized user. If requesting multiple authorized users, please list each individual.
- Confirmation that you extend permission to the authorized user to check out materials on your behalf.
- The start and end date for the authorized user. If no end date is indicated, the agreement will expire at the end of the current academic term.
A faculty member or an administrator may designate an authorized user to retrieve materials for them from the Gumberg Library Circulation Desk.
- Authorized users are permitted to check out Gumberg-owned materials to the faculty member or administrator’s library account on their behalf.
- Any interlibrary loan materials must be requested using the faculty or administrator’s ILL or EZBorrow account if they are to be checked out at the time of pick-up under the faculty or administrator’s Gumberg library account. These items cannot be switched from one library user account to another.
- By submitting a request for an authorized user, the faculty member or administrator accepts responsibility to return items in a timely manner and to pay any fees incurred for late or lost materials.
NOTE: Do not check out items on your library account for another user, regardless of the relationship. You are responsible for any late fines and/or replacement fees charged to items checked out to your library account.