Health Sciences Literature Searching- This literature searching guide includes instructions on searching CINAHL and PubMed. Please note that some elements of this guide, such as instructions related to the Gumberg-specific Full Text Finder button, will not apply when using these resources from another institution.
Finding Qualitative Research Articles - Tips from the University of Washington
- PubMed Tutorial - This tutorial from the National Library of Medicine provides detailed instruction on the various aspects of PubMed, including MeSH searching, search limits, and ways to save or send search results.
- PubMed Online Training - This website from NLM provides links to a variety of PubMed training resources, including some webcasts and animated tutorial videos.
- PubMed Single Citation Matcher Tutorial - video tutorial from Yale University on how to use PubMed's Single Citation Matcher to locate articles for which you have a citation or partial citation
- Searching PubMed- Gumberg Library's videos on searching PubMed.
- Google Scholar Help - Google's basic search instructions for using Google Scholar
- Advanced Scholar Search Tips - Google's guide to using the Google Scholar Advanced Search page as well as some special search operators
- Google Scholar Library Links - This guide explains how to set up links directly from Google Scholar search results to resources in your library, if your library participates in the Library Links program.
- ERIC Help - ERIC's comprehensive Help guide, including animated tutorials and search FAQs.
Evidence-Based Practice Search Instruction
Find It Fast: Clinical Queries in MEDLINE - Instructional video from Yale University showing how to do a PubMed Clinical Queries search
Find It Fast: The TRIP Database - Instructional video from Yale University