Simon Silverman Phenomenology Center
Circulation Policy—Effective August 23, 2013
- Books classified in General Collection (2-W) may be checked out for two weeks without the explicit permission of the Director or Librarian of the Center and renewed for an additional two weeks by Duquesne graduate students and faculty, and other authorized and registered users (visiting faculty and scholars, alumni, or undergraduates in graduate-level courses or writing senior theses).
- Books classified in an alcove or collection circulate only with the explicit permission of the Director or Librarian, and must be accompanied by a permission slip signed by the Librarian, Director, or the Assistant to the Director, when they are checked out.
- Circulation period is two weeks, with the option for one renewal.
- Special Users may check out a total of five items for two weeks with no option for renewal.
- Users may make prior arrangements with Center personnel to check out designated materials. These items will be available “on hold” at the Circulation Desk.
- Brittle, rare and archival materials may not circulate.
- Books classified 2W may circulate when the Silverman Center is closed if circulation staff has time to retrieve them; books classified as in an alcove or collection may only be checked out when the Center is open and the Librarian, Director, or Assistant to the Director is able to give permission.
- All materials must be checked out at the Circulation Desk on the 4th floor of Gumberg Library.
Date issued: Aug. 23, 2013
Issuing department or division: Silverman Center and Circulation
Supersedes: Phenomenology Center Circulation Policy, 2/2011